Description of Class Edit
(From "Fall of Man Rules 2.0")
The Tech Wiz is a Human that specializes in advanced technology. Anyone who isn't a Tech Wiz doesn't understand how the tech works and cannot use it. Every Tech Wiz's tech is unique to that Tech Wiz, so one Tech Wiz can not activate another Tech Wiz's tech.
Each tech is worth a certain amount of tech points, and a Tech Wiz can carry up to 10 tech points worth of tech for each session. Techs are represented by socks with different colors on them. For a tech to be used, the Tech Wiz must exclaim the name of the tech they are using and then throw the corresponding sock.
If the tech hits a character or anything the character is holding, the effect of that tech is applied to the character that it hits.
Certain techs are blockable by shields only and will be marked as *blockable*. Every tech is reusable unless otherwise stated. Once you have used a tech, it is reusable as soon as you recover it and go through the activation process again.
Tech Wiz's are not allowed to use melee as it is "primitive", cannot use semi or fully automatic blasters as their tech interferes with the weapons, and can only wear 1 point armor since any heavier armor and limb armor restricts their movement.
. . . *While it would benefit every character to have a general knowledge of what each tech does, it is the Tech Wiz's responsibility to know what every one of their techs do, and be able to inform any player who asks*
All Tech Wiz’s must wear a purple armband.
- Techno Slash (Red) 1 Point: This tech does 1 HP damage to the target. *blockable*
- Penetrating Strike (Black) 2 Point: If this tech hits a shield, it causes the target to lose their shield arm as if hit by a missle.
- Disarming Blast (White) 2 Points: This tech forces the target to drop any weapons in their hands to the ground. The target can pick their weapons back up immediately after the weapons have touched the ground. After Disarming Blast is used, another Disarming Blast can not be used for 10 seconds.
- Stunning Shockwave (Yellow) 2 Points: This tech forces the target to stand frozen for "5 Mississippi" or until the target takes damage. Only one Stunning Shockwave can be active at a time. *blockable*
- Revitalizing Touch (Blue) 4 Points: This tech will instantly revive a character to full health (even from KO). This tech cannot be thrown and must be held against a player’s shoulder. This tech is not reusable and can only be activated once per session per tech. (If you carry 2 you can use each one once throughout the session)
- Automated Armor (Grey) 2 Points: This tech will give the target 2 additional temporary HP. This HP can go above the target's max HP. Only one Automated Armor can be active at a time. This tech is not reusable and can only be activated once per session per tech. (If you carry 3 you can use each one once throughout the session)
- Memory Cleanser (Purple) 4 Points: This tech causes the target to forget 1 specific fact (example..."you will forget this conversation." OR "you will forget who killed you.") This tech cannot be thrown and must be held against a player’s shoulder. This tech is not reusable and can only be activated once per session per tech (If you carry 2 you can activate each one once throughout the session)
- Friendly Vibes (Pink) 2 Points: This tech causes the target to become friendly towards the Tech Wiz. They will treat them like a good friend for 30 minutes. Only one Friendly Vibes can be active at a time.
- Sound Vacuum (Orange) 2 Points: This tech forces the target to remain completely silent for 5 minutes. Only one Sound Vacuum can be active at a time.
- Radioactive Byte (Brown) 2 Points: This tech causes the target to feel as though they are suffering from Radiation Sickness. Mutants and Ghouls are not immune to this. This effect lasts for 5 minutes or until the Tech Wiz chooses to lift the effect. Only one Radioactive Byte can be active at a time.